Blossoming Shutterbug

My photo
Im a SAHM to 2 beautiful girls! they are my LIFE! love being artsy and just recently got into photography =) This is a place to share my creative talent.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Seattle Confidence Workshop

What a weekend! when people say you get inspired and more CONFIDENCE they weren't kidding! Not only did i learn how to use my camera, I learned a little something about myself! There was alot of information to take in so coming home i was still soaking it in. why i didn't post right away.
First i will mention I MADE IT there and home =D only had issues before the flight to Seattle. once i was on the plane i was fine!
So The first day of the workshop was a bit hectic. A lot of information at once then as the babies arrived Mera showed us how to frame. Then we began to photograph babies. I certainly got frustrated and i didn't think i got anything good.
I was wrong =P


At one point during the workshop Mera and her husband Brian talked about them selves, their story! I could relate in so many areas as im sure so many other people did too. I guess how Mera told it just really hit home.. and that night i realized that "i have to except myself for who i am" I know this is something i was to repeat to myself but this time i really mean it. It was amazing how it just hit me and believe it. Taking this trip was meant to be! I did have alot of people ask me why didnt i wait for the workshop to be closer to NJ. THIS was a journey i had to take. If i didnt i dont think i would have come to so many realizations about myself. Its funny, i went to learn about photography but got sooo much more then that!!!

The next day we were to take portraits but it was raining too much so they canceled it. Instead Mera Critiqued our work. Below is a photo that i shared with the group. I really liked how it came out. This shot was taken while the mom was changing positions. the awkwardness just looked so... sooo artistic? Took the shot and hoped it came out good..LOL



When this photo came up on the screen i did NOT expect the reaction that was given. The other women's photos were gorgeous! how could i even compare. OMG There were so many oohs and Aaahs when it popped up. And Mera turns to me and says "I really cant believe you have only had your camera for 4 months! its beautiful" I couldnt believe my ears. I waited for her to tell me what i could have done better but she had nothing to say. just said it was Great and beautiful. Oh my goodness!!! this is coming from a very successful professional photographer. Its NOW that i believe i CAN take photographs. It is true what other people have said to me. LOL

Gosh, i could go on and on about the weekend but i think im gonna end it with that. I cant wait to put what i learned into action and share with everyone!

Thank you Mera & Brian for this wonderful journey =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers