Blossoming Shutterbug

My photo
Im a SAHM to 2 beautiful girls! they are my LIFE! love being artsy and just recently got into photography =) This is a place to share my creative talent.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Introducing the Cover Girl light Scoop.....

I decided to host a Portrait playdate with the moms group. Thought i would give this a try and maybe this could be something i can do from home. Its been hard to find a babysitter and its difficult to watch my girls AND take pictures at the same time.

I took some pictures of my daughter (and the dog too) just to test it out.




Thought they came out good so i set up the playdate. What a disaster!! first it was crappy out! The pictures above i used natural light but on this day.. i had no natural light =( I even had the lights on hoping that would help but didnt. Im not sure what happen with the kids but no one really wanted to have their pics taken. LOL Not even my own daughter.. =P Well there was one little one who was willing.

Most of these pictures came out dark so i adjusted the lighting in a program. And thats all i did.. i didnt even bother to umph it up! i just let the moms know if they wanted one umphed let me know and i would send it to them.


Had a cute set up in The TV room. My background are bed sheets =P with fake pumpkins that i got from the dollar store. Im just so upset about the lighting






OMG how cute is this little one!!! just wish the light was better.





She wasnt too happy.....


until her mommy held her. Im better at the candid shots




This boy had NO interest at all!!!! this was all i could get..LOL but MAN look at those eyes!


tried out the flash and look at that shadow! hate it!

I had posted my photos on FB and a friend from HS sent me a link http://www.lightscoop.com/ and says to check it out. Might help with the flash issue. Did suggest getting an external flash

so i read up on it.. and then do a little research on line. Finding home made light diffusers. hmph! I wanted to see how this work. First one i found was just by using a tissue paper.. that was interesting just made the shadows a little bit lighter. another was to wrap a paper around the flash making it look like a sail. That worked well.. you didnt get too much of the shadow.


Now looking at the photo of this light scoop and wonder.. how can I make this at home.



Im running around the house looking for something.... for what?! i dont know but something with a mirror.. a small mirror. What do i find?? a make up case thingy (ya not much of a make up person here) And what do i do with this???.. LMAO i taped it on my camera.. ahahha.

Introducing the Cover Girl light scoop

It worked.. Look at these photos.................


the first photo you can see my reflection in puter... see how the flash hits my face!! almost blinded me. LOL have to work on that one. =P the one of my dog and the portrait set up was done at night time and it was very dark in these room. HOW COOL!!!
this one below is too funny. You can see my reflection in the sliding glass door. Look at the ceiling..LOL See how the mirror makes the flash bounce up.....


Ok so i had too much fun with this thing!! But now i know what i can do if its cloudy out! just whip out my Cover Girl light scoop =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers