Blossoming Shutterbug

My photo
Im a SAHM to 2 beautiful girls! they are my LIFE! love being artsy and just recently got into photography =) This is a place to share my creative talent.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Practicing evening lighting

Remember my Easter pics of my girls? Well, I wasn't too happy with a few of them. What happens is, what i see through my camera isnt what the camera captures. I did edit those few in light room to give some umph, But wish you could have seen the sun set!!  
  It had been a while since i checked MeRa's blog so i went to see what she is up to. lol That day she blogged about Capturing Drama, The images that she posted is what i want to know how to do!  Then the next day she blogged Seeing beyond the light.  I swear sometimes i feel like she is watching over me or something!!!  lol.  i know others who follower her feel the same way!  Every time i seem to have a question or struggling with something She blogs about it right when i need it. Sooo weird!! 
 OK Sooo after commenting on her blog and got some feed back, I realized that I like to meter my camera high. I like how it makes the colors bright. Sometimes it really makes the person stand out. Is probably the reason why you couldnt see the colors of the sun set in my pictures. 

I set up some practice session with the moms group im part of. Had them at the same place and the same time that I took my girls. I had my camera set on priority metering (what i usually have it on) and made sure not to meter high.  Always kept it in the middle, sometimes a bit below that.
This photo was edited just a little bit.  One thing i really wanted the colors of her dress stand out so i adjusted the luminance and made the grass a bit more bright.   With metering lower i think Ive giving myself more room to play in light room. if it was too bright i might not have the warm feeling this pictures gives.


Same with this one, very little adjusting

What I really had a hard time with this session,  was keeping up with these two!!!  With trying to get them to sit still, or stay together, I forgot all about what i was practicing.  most of the session was like this!! always one in a different direction. LOL  but man were they cute.  they kept me laughing!

When i did get them to sit still you can see how freakin cute they are!!!! 






Here im getting a bit artsy =)






I have another practice session and going to try to focus on the same thing. Ill  let you know how i make out =)

<3  CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers